Effective : 05/01/2022
Online Privacy Statement
This Online Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the privacy practices of Health Network Group, LLC, whose websites link to this Privacy Statement (“HealthNetwork,” “we” “our” or “us”). This Privacy Statement explains the information we collect, why we collect it, how we use and share it, and the choices you can make regarding your information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
HealthNetwork collects personal and other information about you. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked (directly or indirectly) with you. Other, non-personal information does not and cannot reveal an individual’s identity such as information that has been de-identified or aggregated. The information we collect varies based on what products and services you have with us.
We collect personal information about you in several ways from several sources. We collect personal information directly from you on our websites including when you request information about insurance products or subscribe to our e-mail mailing list. We and service providers working on our behalf collect personal information from you when you use one of our websites, view our emails or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device (“Sites”) such as IP address, browsing history and other internet activity information. We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as service providers, marketing companies, and data providers. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as your spouse or your parent.
The following personal information categories have been collected and shared:
|Personal Information Categories||Examples|
|Personal identifiers||Name, postal address, phone number, online identifier, email address, internet protocol (IP) address, or other similar identifiers.|
|Personal characteristics||Age, date of birth, gender, information about physical characteristics such as height and weight, marital status, household size, income, and tobacco status.|
|Service or product related information||Policy coverage information, premiums, account name, policy number, credit information, bank account, credit card number or other payment or financial information, medical information or health insurance information, family member information, accident and other driving history, dwelling value and mortgage or rent amount.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with our websites, applications or advertisements such as mouse movements and clicks, links you use or web pages you visit while visiting our site or applications, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), cookies, and mobile device information including device identifier or other information.|
|Multimedia information||Audio recordings and other electronic information.|
|Inferences||Inferences drawn from any personal information collected to create a profile reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Our websites are not intended for children. We do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal and other information for business purposes including to:
- Fulfill your request or provide our services and products to you. We use your personal information such as location, interests, and other factors to provide information about providers of insurance products and other services and to connect you with these providers at your request. We may use your personal information, such as your address or location, to offer you insurance plans from carriers that are available in your state. We may, directly or via one of our service providers, use your personal information to document a user’s consent to be contacted by telephone, text, or other communication method. We may also use your personal information to complete a transaction or respond to a customer service request or other inquiry.
- Market and advertise. We may use your information to serve you ads or customized content on the internet and send you marketing or promotional communications about products, services, features, and options we believe may be of interest to you. We may send these communications via e-mail, regular mail, text message, or other available methods. We may also use your information to serve you ads or customized content online, including approximating your physical location based on your IP address.
- Improve, develop, and analyze our Sites, services, and products. We use your personal information and other information to:
- analyze, improve, develop, or deliver our Sites, products, and services; and develop new services, products, or features using algorithms, analytics software, and other similar methods;
- conduct actuarial or research studies to maintain, protect, and develop our networks, services, and products, and
- analyze how visitors use our Sites to improve, enhance, and personalize your online experience.
We collect some information used for these purposes using analytics software, cookies, and other tracking technologies. For more information about the collection and use of this information, see Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies below.
- Communicate with you about your service or product. We may communicate with you about your product, service, deadline and renewal reminders, or other service or product-related messages via mail, email, or other available methods such as text message.
- Comply with legal requirements and protect the safety and security of our business, services, and Sites. We may use your personal information to comply with laws, regulations, or other legal obligations, to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights of third parties, or to enforce terms and conditions. We may also use your personal information to prevent suspected fraud, misuse, threats to our network, or other illegal activities or for any other reason permitted by law. We may use your personal information to protect our company, our affiliates, our customers, our network, and our Sites.
- Update, correct, or enhance our records. We may receive personal information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine that personal information with other personal information we have about you to update our records. For example, we may obtain change of address information from public sources and use that personal information to update or correct your address.
We sometimes act as a service provider to other companies, which can involve collecting and using personal information on behalf of those businesses at their direction. That use of personal information is subject to the privacy practices of those other companies and not this Privacy Statement.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information. We may share your personal information with our trusted business partners, service providers, and affiliates for business purposes consistent with the uses described in this Privacy Statement. We may also share personal information about you with third parties such as insurance providers whenever you request, consent to, or direct such sharing. We strive to work with companies that share our commitment to privacy. We may also share information with others in an aggregated or de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you.
We may share your personal or other information with service providers and other third parties for business purposes or as required or permitted by law including with:
- Insurance companies, agents, and brokers. We may share the personal information you provide to us on our websites with insurance companies or with agents or brokers that we do business with who will complete your application for insurance to submit the application to an insurance carrier.
- Service providers. Personal information may be shared with service providers who perform services on our behalf for a business purpose including service providers that:
- help complete transactions, document users’ consent to be contacted via telephone, text, or other means, or provide account or service-related support to business partners,
- provide marketing and advertising, email, or other communication services,
- provide services that support our online activities including providing tracking technologies, web hosting, and analytics,
- provide tax and accounting, legal services, delivery, and data enhancement services,
- provide technology services and enhance security, privacy, and fraud protections,
- provide data analytics services or conduct research or actuarial studies, and
- provide support to our operations.
- Marketing and advertising partners. We may share personal and other information with third party online and other marketing and advertising partners or permit these partners to collect personal information from you directly on our Sites to personalize online advertising. The Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies section below has more details about these activities.
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction. Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale of any or all of our company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Law enforcement, regulators, and other parties for legal reasons. Personal information may be disclosed to third parties, as required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of regulators, law enforcement, or other public authorities,
- protect our or others’ safety, rights, or property, and
- investigate fraud or to protect the security or integrity of our Sites or any product or services.
We share the following categories of personal information with the following parties:
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Personal identifiers||Insurance companies, agents, and brokers; Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Personal characteristics||Insurance companies, agents, and brokers; Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Service or product related information||Insurance companies, agents, and brokers; Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information|
|Multimedia information||Insurance companies, agents, and brokers; Service providers; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Inferences||Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Law enforcement or regulators|
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Technologies and Information Collected: When you visit our Sites, we and our service providers automatically collect information about your use of and access to these Sites. We collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including: cookies, Flash objects, web beacons (also called pixel tags), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Information we collect automatically about you may be combined with other personal information we collect directly. The information collected in this manner includes:
- the website from where you accessed the Site, where you went to when you left the Site, how frequently you visit the Sites, when and whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, pages you visit on our Sites, the links you click and ads you view, or your location when you access our Sites;
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone, or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account (including, e.g., a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other similar information; and
- analytics information collected by us or via third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users.
Use of the Information: The information collected through tracking technologies allows us to provide you with an improved, enhanced, and personalized customer experience, to monitor and improve our Sites, and for other internal purposes such as:
- remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites;
- providing custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content, communications, and advertising;
- identifying and contacting you across multiple devices;
- providing and monitoring the effectiveness of our Sites;
- performing analytics and detecting usage patterns on our Sites;
- diagnosing or fixing technology problems;
- detecting or preventing fraud or other harmful activities; and
- otherwise planning for and enhancing our Sites.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies: If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to manage cookies in your browser settings by disabling or blocking cookies, removing existing cookies, automatically accepting cookies, or notifying you when you receive a cookie. Options available may vary by browser. However, if you disable, modify, or reject cookies, some parts or functionalities of our Site may be inaccessible or not function properly. For example, disabling cookies may require you to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
Opting Out of Online Personalized Advertising and Do Not Track: We or our marketing and advertising service providers may use information about your activities on our Sites or other websites to help tailor our advertisements or offers to what may interest you — also called interest-based advertising. The information is collected using the tracking technologies explained above. To limit interest-based advertising click here.
You may continue to see generic or non-targeted ads about our products and services if you opt out of interest-based advertising. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are currently not able to respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser.
We may send you email marketing communications about products, features, and services that may be of interest to you. To opt out from receiving marketing and promotional emails from us, please send us a request by email at email@example.com or click the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication. If you opt out from receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails such as requests and inquiries, or notices of updates to terms and conditions or our privacy practices.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
California residents have certain rights under CCPA to access and delete personal information described in this section, and other rights described below.
Verified Requests: To protect you and your personal information, we will only respond to access or deletion requests that we have been able to properly verify through our authentication processes. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide several pieces of personal information, such as name and demographic information, which we only use to verify your identity or authority to make the request and to process the request.
Submitting a Request: To submit an access or deletion request, please click here to submit an online request or call us at 1-800-743-3966. Responses to a verified request may take up to 45 calendar days, or longer depending on the nature of the request. If additional time is needed, we will notify you of the additional time. We may only respond to two access requests within a 12-month period. Requests from authorized agents must be submitted via the same online portal or toll-free number, but to protect your privacy, consumers will be required to verify their identity directly with us via our online portal or toll-free number.
Right to Access Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months including:
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you,
- the categories of personal information collected,
- the categories of sources from which personal information was collected,
- the business purpose for collecting the personal information, and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information and the categories of personal information shared.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request we delete personal information we collected from you. We will delete your personal information in response to a verifiable request unless needed to:
- Complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information; provide a good or service you requested; take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you; or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents; protect against malicious deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify or repair errors that impair functionality.
- Exercise free speech; ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights; or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Non-Discrimination Rights: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your California privacy rights.
Other California Privacy Rights (Shine the Light, California Civil Code section 1798.83): If you are a California resident, you can opt out of our sharing of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes by sending a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about your privacy rights, review this Privacy Statement or contact us at: email@example.com
SOCIAL MEDIA, LINKS AND EXTERNAL SITES
Links to other company’s websites may be provided on HealthNetwork Sites as a convenience to you. If you choose to go to these external websites, you will be subject to the privacy practices of those external websites; HealthNetwork is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of every website you visit, as those privacy policies or statements may differ from ours. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to the Sites where this Privacy Statement appears.
Protecting your personal information is important to us. We use a combination of reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, no website, mobile application, database, or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” So, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We comply with all applicable federal and state data security laws.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may periodically update or revise this Privacy Statement. The effective date at the top of the document shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We will let you know when we update the Privacy Statement by changing the date or other appropriate means.